Oct 4, 2011

Name Game: Malcolm and Quinn

Two months out, and I have to say, this kid may never get named.  For reals.  Can you imagine him, in school, staring at his Scantron with nothing to bubble in?  This is serious.  This is real.

But have faith, dear reader.  Today's entries are both A-game contenders.   Up first...

MALCOLM.  My idea.  Not bad, right?  It's of Scottish origin, and has been the name of several kings.  Speaking of King, it's most famously the birth name of black civil rights leader and sometime MLK rival MALCOLM X.  Now personally, I'm okay with this.  The guy was certainly steadfast in his beliefs, and was willing to make himself a target for a greater good.  WIFE, however, is afraid that since our boy will be half-black (score one for his chance at being able to dunk), people will assume that we named him after Denzel...er...X.  Though I don't share her concern, it could be bad for me.  All of a sudden, people thinking I'm gonna come to PTA in a bow-tie and black beret, then get bummed when I'm wearing pizza-stained Umbros and my USA Dream Team sweatshirt?  That's pressure I don't need.

So if not Malcolm (and I haven't given that fight up yet, as it's my favorite card on the table), then what?  Today, WIFE called with...QUINN.

Quinn.  A nice ring to it.  Fun to say.  Possible campaign slogan:  "You can't spell WIN, without QUINN." (sort of) Also, a strong name.  It makes me think of Anthony Quinn, one of my favorite actors and a beast of a dude.  It too comes from the "kilt region," and means "counsel."  Um...alright. And give another point to Quinn for coming strong it's own theme song:


So what do you think?  MALCOLM?  QUINN?  Or something else...Please let us know.  This kid's "Uterus Eviction Notice" is due any month now, and we'll need something to yell when he starts eating the heads off MONSTA's Barbies.  HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment