Oct 19, 2011

Randy Newman Fans Rejoice: Lost Demo Found!

I know this blog is mostly about "dad stuff," but when you strike gold, you gotta share.

Yesterday, I was digging around my dad's garage, and underneath some dusty copies of The Parakeet Periodical and a rather large collection of Jerry Reuss baseball cards, I found an old tape.  Nothing was written on it, so I popped it into my mp3/tape player (I'm an Apple tester), and WOW!  It's a demo from sometime between the early 1960s and late 90s.  The artist?  Just a little known Oscar-winning singer/songwriter named...RANDY NEWMAN.  Amazing, right?!  I don't know the title of the song, but it's a good one.  If you have any info on it, please let me know ASAP!  And if you don't, then just sit back and enjoy.  

Ladies and gentleman...Randy Newman. 

video

No comments:

Post a Comment